Sewer Pipe Repairs
Our Auckland Plumbers do more than just clear your drains. As full service plumbing company, we can also repair or replace sewer pipes to correct a number of problems. Auckland residents & commercial building owners are responsible for maintaining the sewer lines connecting their homes & premises to the Auckland city sewer main, generally to the mains connection. Drain and sewer pipes left in disrepair could cause flooding and groundwater contamination, representing a serious environmental hazard. We offer sewer line repair, sewer line replacement and sewer line installation to correct a number of problems, including:
- Broken, cracked, offset or collapsed pipes – damaged sewer lines due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Blockage – grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the sewer line.
- Corrosion – the sewer pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing sections of the pipe to collapse and restrict flow.
- Leaking joints – the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Bellied pipe – a section of the sewer pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects paper and waste.
- Roots in sewer line- tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer pipe, preventing normal cleaning and/or roots have damaged the pipe.
- Off-grade pipe – existing pipes are constructed of substandard or outdated material that may have deteriorated or corroded.
Sewer Pipe Repair Methods-
Blocked Sewer Pipes
For most blocked sewage drains, we tend to use our Hydro machine. With all our own specialised equipment including vacuum loaders, hydro jets, camera cables and more, we can solve the smallest to the largest problems.
Collapsed Sewer Pipes
Auckland sewer line repairs are typically performed using the “open cut” or “trench” method to gain access to the area surrounding the damaged portion of the pipe. A backhoe may be used to open and refill the work area. Often made of terracotta pipe the pipes are prone to cracks, movement and tree roots making sewer pipe repairs one of our most common plumbing jobs in Auckland
Either way, our specialist plumbers & drain unblockers are trained and confident to be able to work out the best solution and which equipment to use to clear your blocked sewer drain.
Call 0800-33-66-77 for 24 hour service or email us to ask a question or arrange a plumbing quote.