Hotwater Plumbing Services
Hot Water Plumbing. A hot water cylinder is one of those home appliances we can’t live without. We depend on hot water for our daily lives like showers, laundry, dishes and cleaning. These days, the average water heater lasts 10-20 years. This means that the typical homeowner will replace their water heater 2-3 times over their lifetime. However, recent advances in water heater technology have increased the life span of this appliance we rely on every day. When your water heater fails to function adequately, it is normally due to one of three causes:
- The thermostat that controls the water heater needs to be replaced.
- The safety or pressure valves have faulted.
- Your hot water element has stopped heating.
At Trade Guys Plumbing and Gas, we install and repair water heaters from all manufacturers. Most water heaters are usually a round tank with a heat source that heats water from the bottom of the tank and also maintains and stores the heated water until it is used. A single family home typically requires a water heater with a 180 Ltr tank. The fuel types used to power the heat source can be either gas (natural or propane) or electricity.
We sell, furnish and install industry leading hot water tanks with a number of warranty options.
Hot Water Heater Installation Process & Hot Water Plumbing
Our plumbing team has installed thousands of water heaters for Auckland area homeowners. Once you setup a call for us to come out to replace your water heater, here’s what you can expect:
- We’ll determine the size of your new water heater.
- We’ll find a hot water tank that makes sense with your budget.
- Traditional water heaters come in a number of different sizes from 135 ltr all the way up to 300 ltr. It is possible to upsize or downsize your water heater to accommodate your needs.
Factors that will determine how much you will pay for your water heater include:
- Energy efficiency rating: the higher the rating the lower the annual operating cost will be
- Warranty length: You can extend the life of your tank with 10 and 15 year warranty options from various manufacturers.
- Hot water tank installation done right: Did you know that water heaters are the number one appliance to cause accidents and injury? It is important that you have a registered plumbing company install your new hot water cylinder.
- Ensure the electrician doing the wiring is registered. Here at Trade Guys, we also have Electricians to make your Hot water Cylinder installation go smoothly and quickly
We are your Hot Water Cylinder ‘One Stop Shop’
Types of Water Heater Options
- Tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Storage Tanks