Do you need a fireplace removed in Auckland? We can remove and renovate the area so you would never know it was there.
With Council bylaws taking effect soon, Auckland homeowners will be forced to remove pre-2005 wood and coal fireplaces by October 2018. The use of coal in indoor fires would be banned in the near future by Auckland City Council.
Did you know?
- Indoor fireplaces produce PM10 air pollution particles which can cause serious health issues
- Owners would be made to remove fireplaces which do not comply with the bylaw
- The by-law provides for fines of up to $20,000 on conviction of non compliance
- The by-law would apply to the metro areas of the city but not rural areas and not towns such as Pukekohe, Welsford and Warkworth
- You will not be allowed to sell your home with an open fireplace
To comply with the new bylaws, our expert builders will remove your fireplace by doing the following
– permanently covering the fireplace
– permanently blocking the chimney or
– removing the fire bricks
When you need to remove your fireplace, call us first… Aucklands fireplace installation and fireplace removal specialist.
We can change that outdated fireplace into a feature!